Skip to main content
Volunteer with kids

International Professionals

Are you are an experienced social work professional with an international education and/or work experience? Are you interested in a career within the child protection field? If so, we would like to hear from you.


We offer exceptional career growth opportunities, training, salary and benefits. Please submit your resume for current and future opportunities.


At Peel Children's Aid, our main, front-line  social work positions are Child Protection Worker and Child and Youth Worker.


Child Protection Worker

The child protection worker provides for the protection of children as defined by the Child & Family Services Act. The role of the child protection worker is to assess the risks and strengths of families in the community and to support families in building their capacities to care for their children. The key responsibilities of this role are on assessing risk, well being and planning for permanency through strong collaboration with families, our agency and community partners.



  • BSW or MSW degree from a recognized university
  • At least one year of related experience in a child protection role
  • Valid class "G" driver's license and daily access to a vehicle are required
  • Effective assessment, interviewing, relationship building, problem solving and organizational skills.
  • Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
  • Good computer skills.

Child and Youth Worker

The Child & Youth Worker supports the needs of children and youth both in care and out of care across multiple service areas including; admission prevention, therapeutic/supervised access, placement services, supporting healthy relationships, reintegration, case aide support and treatment services. The key responsibilities of this role are to develop behaviour management strategies and treatment plans, provide a support function to social work staff on case management duties and provides a range of interventions including the assessment of the caregiver/child relations, and the attachment relationship. 



  • Child and Youth Work diploma from a recognized community college.
  • A minimum of five years related experience
  • A Class G Drivers License and daily access to a vehicle
  • Certification in CPR, First Aid, UMAB , Medication Administration and Dispensing
  • Strong behavior management and child management skills, including an understanding of individual, family and group dynamics.
  • Strong analytical and assessment skills, able to process a high volume of information quickly.


To learn more about the field of social work and practice in Canada, the following links may be of interest to you: