Please note: we are not currently recruiting new volunteers. We hope to resume recruitment in the near future. Please check back here for updates.
We are always happy to welcome new volunteers, particularly individuals who reflect Peel’s diverse community and those interested in working with children, youth and teens. Our volunteers are men and women, young and young-at-heart, single and partnered, students (ages 18+), working people and retirees. They come from diverse cultural, racial, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
As an agency serving families and children in need, we require all candidates to:
- Be 18 years or older
- Live in the Region of Peel
- Attend an information session
- Complete an application form and an internal Child Welfare Information Check
- Successfully complete a Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening (Note: police services charge for this service - $33 for adults and $25 for seniors/students)
- Have a valid G driver's licence and abstract with zero demerit points (Note: all drivers and mentors must meet this requirement. The Province of Ontario charges $12 to provide this record.)
- Provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Be interviewed by Volunteer Coordinator to determine their suitability for a specific role
- Sign an oath of confidentiality
- Provide two pieces of photo identification
- Adhere to a code of ethics to ensure a high standard of service for our clients.
Find out more about volunteering with us at an information session, or contact us at email@example.com or at 905-363-6131, ext. 1423.