Volunteer Position Description
To provide support to Peel CAS staff in delivering high quality programs to children and youth in the community.
Description & Expectations:
- Under the direct supervision of a program leader, the volunteer will assist in the operation and delivery of recreational programs.
- To support objectives and philosophies of the program as established by Peel CAS through quality instruction and excellent customer and staff relations
- To aid program leader in supervision of participants at all times and provide a safe and fun experience for all participants by adhering to safety standards and assisting with emergency procedures as required.
- To provide quality customer service when required and act as a knowledgeable resource to parents and participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with set-up and cleanup of equipment
- Provide high quality customer service to participants
- Some light lifting of equipment may be required
- To seek clarification and guidance from program staff
- Record hours at the end of each shift in Charity republic portal
- May be required to complete an evaluation at the end of each session
Youth Success Program Staff
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Complete mandatory training
- Willing to take initiate and actively participate in the programs
- Must be able to lift a minimum 25lbs
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Volunteers will not be alone with program participants
- Volunteers are not responsible for assisting with the program(s)
- Volunteers will not engage in discipline
- Volunteers should seek guidance from program staff if unsure of any questions to which they do not know the answers
Minimum requirement of six to twelve months